The American Academy of Ophthalmology recently updated its Glaucoma Practice Pattern. In this document, also published in the AAO’s Journal Ophthalmology, the Committee, headed by Steven J. Gedde, M.D., glaucoma is defined as a chronic, progressive optic neuropathy. The document then further describes the best practices for diagnosis, follow-up and therapy. Dr. Novack’s work on the issues of treatment adherence (patients taking their medication as prescribed) and performance (challenges to patients to properly use eyedrops). His work on novel therapeutics drugs and devices is also cited.
- Off-label use: Article in the American Journal of Ophthalmology
- PharmaLogic work contributes to glaucoma therapeutics
- UCSC Foundation honors Gary Novack
- Paper published in American Journal of Ophthalmology
- Dr. Novack presents ophthalmology research at University of Wisconsin
- University of California Library and Elsevier Continue to Disagree