GARY D. NOVACK, Ph.D.
- President of PharmaLogic Development of San Rafael, California.
- Board certified clinical pharmacologist and medical writer.
- 25+ years experience in pharmaceutical research and development, ranging from the laboratory to the marketplace.
- Consultant to over 100 pharmaceutical and medical device firms, preparing drug development plans, clinical protocols and reports, manuscripts, as well as INDs, IDEs, NDAs, PMAs, and PLAs for worldwide submission.
- Author of over 200 full publications in clinical pharmacology, ophthalmology, dermatology and neurosciences
- Member of professional societies in pharmacology (ASPET, ASCPT), ophthalmology (AAO, ARVO, American Glaucoma Society), neurology (AAN, SFN), dermatology (AAD), and medical communication (AMWA).
- Current or past member of several volunteer boards, including UC Regents, UC Santa Cruz Foundation (President), UC Santa Cruz Alumni Association (President), Foundation Fighting Blindness
- Reviewer for multiple peer-reviewed journals
- Professor of Pharmacology and Ophthalmology at the School of Medicine at University of California, Davis
Link to Dr. Novack’s publications on PubMed
DONA ANN NOVACK
1989 to present Director of Information Services, PharmaLogic Development, Inc.
Supervisor, Literature Analysis, Corporate Information Center, Allergan, Inc., Subsidiary of SmithKline Beckman, Irvine, CA
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate information to all functional departments within the company and to worldwide subsidiaries.
- Coordinated and diversified the Current Awareness program which proactivity disseminates published information pertinent to Allergan’s research to company personell.
1983 to 1988
- Reviewed an average of 120 Literature and Patent Searches on a monthly basis for content, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Made presentations to various departments within the company to promote the services of the Literature Analysis Group.
- Supervised a staff of four Professional Information Specialists and one Technical Assistant.
- Scheduled training in commercial online systems for immediate staff, as well as pertinent company personnel.
- Prepared annual budget of the Literature Analysis Group.
Patent Scientist, Patent Department, Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals, Cincinnati, OH
- Responsible for Patent Searches with emphasis on Chemical Structure information.
- Provided quarterly status reports on company patent activity.
- Maintained patent information relevant to marketed products and research compounds.
1977 B.S. University of California, Davis.
Special Libraries Association