Gary Novack was honored by the UC Santa Cruz Foundation, an organization of which he is a past president. Together with past Executive Director Ann McCrow and past president Gordon Ringold, ten year ago he helped to execute the Board Opportunity Fund. This fund provides seed funds to initiate or support short-term campus projects through the Board Opportunity Fund (BOF), established in January 2008. The Foundation accepts proposals that allow faculty and staff to take advantage of unique opportunities to support a strategic project aligned with academic priorities. This may be an incentive for further fundraising or a vehicle for raising awareness and visibility for UC Santa Cruz. In the ten year, over 60 projects and hundreds of thousands of dollars have been invested. Many of the recipients have gone on to leverage this investment into 5- and 6-figure subsequent grants, providing support for faculty, students and staff. In particular, Dr. Novack was involved in several astronomy and astrophysics projects.
- UCSC Foundation honors Gary Novack
- Paper published in American Journal of Ophthalmology
- Dr. Novack presents ophthalmology research at University of Wisconsin
- University of California Library and Elsevier Continue to Disagree
- NDA Partners Featured in Article on Growth of Pharma Disruptors
- Predatory journals – just say no!